KMC Education Consultancy – Rostov State Medical University4 min read
Rostov State Medical University
About The University
Rostov State Medical University Situated in Rostov-on-Don, a port city in Southern Russia, Rostov State Medical University is the most preferred university among Indian students. RostSMU is among the top non-profit educational institutes in the city of Rostov-on-Don. RostSMU is an international university training more than 100 nationalist and ethnic groups.
The division of Medicine at the Russian Warsaw University in 1915 gave rise to today’s Rostov State Medical University. At first, it was formed as a department, and later, in 1930 got converted into a Medical Institute.
In 1980, the University was awarded the Order of Friendship; the reason was the diversity in the student that attended the University. The largest basic training, research, and treatment center in Southern Russia, Rostov Medical Institute, in 1994, was renamed Rostov State Medical University.
Many graduates from RostSMU became extrusive legislators, heads of hospitals, clinics, departments of Ministries of Health in their homeland.
The best representatives from the Medical Institutions of Warsaw, Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, and Kazan have gathered in the medical faculty of Rostov State Medical University to provide students with the best medical knowledge, making the University one of the best in Russia. The faculty at RostSMU is highly experienced and qualified involving themselves in various researches on an International level.
Rostov-on-Don is a port city located above the river Don in Southern Russia. Categorized as continental, the city has a humid climate. With various sites to be visited, Rostov-on- Don is the largest and among the most fascinating cities in South Russia. With an agricultural significance, there are many notable libraries, theaters, and museums. The average expense of living in Rostov is kind of similar to India.
Rostov-on-Don is a center for transportation, road, water, and even air. ‘Gateway to the Caucasus’ is the name given to the city as the airport connects to the USA, Africa, Europe, and Asia.
Fee Structure 2021-2022
Rostov State Medical University offers a simply affordable fee structure. While stating annually, the fee is approximately $4250 (per year). The same in Indian Rupee would be around Rs.2,97,500 per year. The expense for the hostel is Rs.38,500 annually. Hence, the total fee annually would be Rs.3,36,000.
Cost of Studying Medicine in Russia
The universities with the most affordable fee, offer a fee structure of 122,5 thousand rubles ($ 1,750) per year for a medical degree. 632 580 rubles ($ 9,036) per year is the maximum fee structure that is designed by any institute in Russia. The fee structure designed by most of the universities for a specialist degree in a medical university in Russia is on an average 290-320 thousand rubles i.e., $4,143-4,571 per year.
Hostel Facilities and Food
- The hostel provides options to select among 2-3 sharing rooms.
- Availability of canteen for all the students.
- Hostels at Rostov State Medical University have access to Internet 24/7.
- There are 5 hostels on the university campus.
- Students are free to cook their food in the provided common kitchen.
- Rostov-on-Don, the port has several Indian restaurants serving the cuisine of India.
Benefits of Studying in RostSMU
- First, and for most, it offers a very low-cost fee structure which definitely makes it far more affordable.
- The Centre Scientific Research Laboratory in the Rostov State Medical University makes it the best option to pursue MBBS from Russia.
- RostSMU consists of a Scientists and Medical Practitioners Faculty.
- The University stands front with international cooperation with many nations over the world.
- Rostov State Medical University has the largest training facility in Russia.
- With a well-developed infrastructure, English and Russian is the medium of teaching in the University.
- RostSMU is offering quality education for 85 years, a tradition that can’t come undone.
- The University provides better doctors an opportunity to perform internships in clinics and universities of Europe.
Accreditations and Recognitions
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC) / Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Ministry of Public Health and Education, Russian Federation.
- Canadian Medical Council.
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council.
- German Science and Humanities Council.
- American Osteopathic Association.
How to Apply
Following are the steps to take admission to the Rostov State Medical University.
- Fill in the admission form from the online porter.
- Submit the required documents
- Wait for the invitation letter that will be sent to you within two weeks if selected.
- Pay the tuition fee for the first year.
- Apply for a student visa with the original receipt of fee payment and invitation letter from the University.
The global medical aspirants are supposed to submit these documents at the time of admission.
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Result
- Passport Size Photographs
- Tuition Fee Payment Receipt
- Medical Certificate